Friday, July 8, 2016

#FringeFanFriday: @thecortexifan



Hello Fringe Family,

It's time for another #FringeFanFriday! 

Congrats to @thecortexifan for being selected to participate in this weeks edition.

You can read her interview below....










1. What country are you from?

I'm originally from Germany but for the last 7 years I have called Colorado, USA, my home.


2. In what year did you discover Fringe and what led you to watch it?

Well, I watched from the beginning. But because I was still in Germany, it didn't air until Feb 2009. I was hooked before the first episode even aired. The previews were amazing. I was able to watch up until 1.10 I believe and then I moved to the US. Of course by then Season 1 was done. I found it online, caught up and watched live starting with Season 2 and had not missed one episode.


 3. What are your top 3 favorite episodes?


That is almost an impossible question to answer, lol. Wait, that is impossible.

Ok, fine, I'll try... nope, can't do it but I can tell you 3 of  my favorites are 2.17 "White Tulip". It was a clue to the end. You can read more about it here: 
http://www.fringetelevision.com/2012/12/the-8-most-important-episodes-of-fringe_4.html




2.19 "Brown Betty". Full of foreshadowing.....



And 5.12 "Liberty". Seeing Olivia in action.



 Others include: "Ability", "Bad Dreams", "The Road Not Taken", "A New Day In The Old Town", "Momentum Deferred", "Jacksonville", "Olivia", "Entrada", "6 B", "The Last Sam Weiss", "Welcome To Westfied", "The Human Kind"... the list goes on.


 4. What is one of your favorite moments of the the entire series?


Gosh, that is a hard one as well.




One is Olivia being locked up over there and Broyles comes to visit (Entrada). Her plea for help was just so... final. I think that must have been the first time even Olivia thought that there is no hope. It got to me every time I watched it.




The other would have to be Walter talking to Walternate just before they close the Bridge (Worlds Apart). 


 5. Which character do you most identify with and why?


I identify most with Olivia. To quote her from 4.02 One Night In October: "I too come from an abusive home." We have the same character trade: ISFJ. I never had a role model growing up (I had two younger brothers). Once I saw Olivia, I knew that this was who I would like for a sister or even who I would like to be.




I also love her clothing style and made it mine. Blundstones, suits, leather jacket, pea coat and so forth. It is very comfortable and fits every occasion. I am very well grounded in reality but there is something about the character of Olivia Dunham that enabled me to be more confident


6. If you could change anything about the finale, what would it be?

I think we have been very fortunate to have had an actual ending to this show (even though I didn't want it to end). I might have added Olivia's and Peter's wedding, the pregnancy, and Olivia and Etta together, and maybe a glimpse into the future seeing how Walter is doing.


 7. If you could own any object or prop from the show what would it be?

I would like to have the bedding from the early seasons. I just love that pattern.


8. If you could meet your Doppelganger what would you be most eager to learn about them?


I would like to know if their childhood was different/better/worse. And if we share any talents.


9. Have you ever met any of the cast members and if so, what was your encounter like?


I have, my first encounter with a cast member was at Denver Comic Con in 2012, meeting Jasika Nicole (Astrid). It was an amazing experience. You can actually read about it here: http://www.fringetelevision.com/2012/06/jasika-nicole-at-denver-comic-con-from.html. And then again in 2014 on a vacation to L.A. I went to a play where Jasika participated. After it was over, I had to wait for a cab and she came out and we chatted for a bit and she gave me a hug... :)

 In 2013 I met Seth Gabel at Denver Star Fest. Had a photo op with him and when I walked up to him he looked at me and said: "Have we met before?". His panel was amazing. Very kind man. You can read about that here: http://www.fringetelevision.com/2013/04/seth-gabel-at-denver-starfest-from-my.html.

For Season 4 and 5 I had the privilege to write episode reviews for fringetelevision.com and thus had the unbelievable (for me at least) opportunity to attend the Saturn Awards in L.A. for 2013 where Anna would win her 4th Saturn. I was an incredible experience to be at the red carpet, interviewing John Savage, who was a guest star in 2.02 "Night of Desirable Objects", and Lance Reddick who was also host for the evening. After the red carpet I was in the ball room witnessing Anna accept her award and listen to her speech. On the way out I walked by her and said "Congratulations" and she replied with "Thank you". I was so nervous and tired that I have no recollection of the rest of that conversation and how I even got there. My first clear memory after that is sitting in the car and realizing that I didn't tell her my name. You can read the whole experience here: http://www.fringetelevision.com/2013/07/fringe-at-39th-annual-saturn-awards.html.

I am still trying to meet John Noble. He was also in Denver in 2012 but I found out too late. And Michael Cerveris too :)


 10. Thank you for taking the time to be apart of our #FringeFanFriday, Is there anything you would like to add about your overall Fringe experience?


There will never be anything like Fringe again. It was and still is a very special show. I didn't have internet back in Germany and had no clue about ratings, fandoms, reviews, and merchandise, and cons. If I had not moved here, I would have missed out on so much. Because of Fringe, I made friends all over the world. 

My house is decorated in "Fringe".


Please be respectful of @thecortexifan's personal photo.


Please be respectful of @thecortexifan's personal photo.

  I try to find objects resembling items used on the show.

Please be respectful of @thecortexifan's personal photo.


Please be respectful of @thecortexifan's personal photo.


 I even covered my dining room chairs with glyphs. 

Please be respectful of @thecortexifan's personal photo.


I drive around in my Fringe mobile.

Please be respectful of @thecortexifan's personal photo.


I quote Fringe lines all the time. I used to eat Walter's crazy food, trying to recreate the stuff he cooked up. I had Fringe parties at my house.

Please be respectful of @thecortexifan's personal photo.


 I cross stitch glyphs. I still watch it and also listen to the sound tracks. And... I still invite and recruit new watchers.

Please be respectful of @thecortexifan's personal photo.


It is an unforgettable experience. Watching Fringe, made me a better person.








I think we can all agree that Fringe has made us better people! On a personal note, this was a very special #FringeFanFriday for me as TheCortexifan is one of my dearest friends and I am so thankful that our paths crossed through our beautiful little show.  :')

Thank you so much, TheCortexifan! You can follow her on Twitter: @thecortexifan

We believe that the Fringe Fandom is a very special community of people that we hope to unite through our #FringeFanFriday participants.

We will feature another fan next Friday!

Have a wonderful weekend and keep looking up.

OTFA Team Member,
-GG 




1 comment: