Friday, July 22, 2016

#FringeFanFriday: @hippeechick21



Hello Fringe Family,

It's time for another #FringeFanFriday! 

Congrats to @hippeechick21 for being selected to participate in this weeks edition.

You can read her interview below....









1. What country are you from?

I live in the United States. West coast to be more specific.

 2. In what year did you discover Fringe and what led you to watch it?

I started watching in 2008, but I was a bit late to the party. My older brother was the one to recommend it to me, really I have him to thank for showing me the awesomeness that is Fringe. The first episode I watched was "The Cure". But I didn't get fully hooked till episode 14 (Ability.) Peter & Olivia's chemistry was the cherry on top of that sundae. What can I say I'm a sci-fi geek who's a total romantic!

3. What are your top 3 favorite episodes?

Its hard to choose just three because honestly I love all 100 episodes but I guess I'll choose the ones I tend to watch when I'm feeling down or that I try really hard not to miss when we do our annual Fringe Binge! 

"Brown Betty" - If you know me you can probably guess that Brown Betty made it on my list. There's something about this episode that I just absolutely LOVE. The story line in this episode is brilliant. The way that they tie in both season 1 and season 2 into it is perfect. I must say that making it a vintage 1950s, 60s mystery/musical pretty much clinched this one for me. It is LITERALLY everything I love all in one episode! 



 "And Those We've Left Behind" - Had to add this one on my list. This one always makes me laugh! The way that Walter treats Peter when he comes back is a bit funny only because Peter to quote my sister "gets his comeuppance" in this episode. He got a taste of how Walter may have felt in season 1 when he kept pushing Walter away. Though Walter is a little funnier about it! I liked the switching of roles these two played in this episode.



"August" - August also makes it on my list. This episode shows just how powerful Love can be. The fact that August sacrificed himself to save Christian Hollis, to make her important, really showed how much emotions (especially love) changed August. This episode was full of Fringe feels!




4. What is one of your favorite moments of the the entire series?





One of my favorite moments is when Olivia gets occupied by William Bell in the episode about the soul magnets. She did such an awesome job of mimicking Bell – it was a great Fringe event but also the acting was flawless. I always enjoy re-watching that particular episode because it leaves you thinking about all the possibilities out there (and it has a lot of funny moments too!)


5. Which character do you most identify with and why?

As much as I would have liked to say I was more like our awesome brave and kick ass heroine, Olivia Dunham. I'm definitely a lot more like Walter. Our love of food and music is uncanny. Like Walter I only have a few people that really get me. (Fringies are definitely included in the bunch!) But really Walter & I are the same when it comes to those we love. We'll do anything we can to be there and protect them. We don't give up so easily on them either. I don't know, I always kind of clicked more with Walter. Also I can totally see myself having a pet cow named Gene!





6. If you could change anything about the finale, what would it be?

I would have loved to seen what happened to Walter after he went through the worm hole. I’m still holding out hope that there is a reunion between him, Peter, Oliva and Astrid somewhere down the line – going through what they went through already, there is no doubt in my mind that they’d be able to solve this whole time travel thing to be reunited.

7. If you could own any object or prop from the show what would it be? 

I love music, so naturally I would LOVE to own Walter's record collection!!!! Walter Bishop might be my musical soul mate! Lol!

8. If you could meet your Doppelganger what would you be most eager to learn about them? 




After a moment of shock (like Astrid,) I think I would want to know how different/similar she was to me. If we were majoring in the same field in school or if we shared any of the same interests.

9. Have you ever met any of the cast members and if so, what was your encounter like? 

Sadly I haven't meet any of the cast. But fingers crossed it'll happen someday. 

10. Thank you for taking the time to be apart of our #FringeFanFriday, Is there anything you would like to add about your overall Fringe experience? 

Fringe might have started off as just a TV show, but it quickly evolved into something so much more. 


Please be respectful of @hippeechick21's  personal photo.

Please be respectful of @hippeechick21's  personal photo.
  
I’ve connected with so many awesome people from all over the world that share my love for this awesome show and I’ve made some great friends along the way. 


Please be respectful of @hippeechick21's  personal photo.

Please be respectful of @hippeechick21's  personal photo.

It’s the absolute best to be part of a fandom that embraces the impossible.  
Thanks Fringies!!






Thank you so much, HippeeChick21! You can follow her on Twitter: @hippeechick21

We believe that the Fringe Fandom is a very special community of people that we hope to unite through our #FringeFanFriday participants.

We will feature another fan next Friday!

Have a wonderful weekend and keep looking up.

OTFA Team Member,
-GG 



No comments:

Post a Comment