Friday, July 29, 2016

#FringeFanFriday: @hazeleyes5390



Hello Fringe Family,

It's time for another #FringeFanFriday! 

Congrats to @hazeleyes5390 for being selected to participate in this weeks edition.

You can read her interview below....










1. What country are you from?

I'm from the United States, two hours from Washington D.C.

2. In what year did you discover Fringe and what led you to watch it? 

I discovered Fringe in 2008. Fringe was on after American Idol and after watching one or two episodes, I was hooked. The character portrayals and "monsters of the week" were amazing.

3. What are your top 3 favorite episodes?


This truly is a hard question. Can I say all? LOL

I love all the 19th episodes, with "LSD" (3x19) being my favorite. The power that Olivia exerts as an (animated) child is awesome.



I also love the scene on the rooftop between Peter and Olivia in "The Human Kind" (5x08). The part where (as I interpret it) Olivia shows him their past as she fights for him to remove the observer tech, whew! I love it. 



"Brave New World" 1 & 2 are also a favorite because I just love what Rebecca Mader does with her eyes. Whether that was raw talent or CGI... I found it awesome.



The emotion in the "I remember everything" scene of "A Better Human Being" (4x13)  gets me every time.



Finally, I also loved Momentum Deferred.



 4. What is one of your favorite moments of the the entire series?





On-screen... I love the peacoats and the white tulip!

Off-screen... Going to Vancouver and participating in The Fringe Event in 2012. The people who facilitated it gave me an experience of a lifetime. I met so many awesome people and got into so many things, such as amazing fanfics and a treasure-trove of great videos. I got inspired to write my own fanfics... just a few. I still listen to a playlist created by a fellow fan. Vancouver has become my obsession. Not only did I get to see locations that Fringe filmed at but I also got to fall in love with a beautiful city. I returned in 2013 and 2015. 2015 was my favorite trip, I traveled on my own, which was something I never did before. I don't know how, but I feel that without Fringe, I would have never taken chances such as these.


5. Which character do you most identify with and why?

I am very much like Olivia. I put a wall up most of the time and I tend to busy myself with caring for others and putting myself last.





6. If you could change anything about the finale, what would it be?

I would have changed not only the finale but the whole fifth season. I love what they did with it but I wouldn't have let the show end. If it could have just continued and we were in season 8, I'd be a happy fringie. I wish we could have seen the marriage, birth, what happened after the separation, what happened to Etta, and everything that they could dream up.

7. If you could own any object or prop from the show what would it be?  

If I could get that Ford Flex to come standard with a Charlie Francis, I'd own that.
 
8. If you could meet your Doppelganger what would you be most eager to learn about them?  

I would love to sit down and talk to her similar to how Lincoln did. I want to find out where, if any, differences between us started. I feel like my Doppelgänger would be totally different than me and wouldn't be so judgmental of herself. 


9. Have you ever met any of the cast members and if so, what was your encounter like?

  Yes, I have. So far I have met:


Michael Cerveris/September- I have met him twice. I went to an off-Broadway show      ( Nikolai and the Others) of which both Blair Brown and he was acting in. It was amazing. I bought front row seats and while its hard to explain, there was no area between the seats and stage... I could practically reach out and touch him... don't worry though, I didn't. I waited until after where nerves almost got the best of me. My brother pushed me to wait and when I met him, he was sooooo nice. He spoke with me and then as he took a picture with me, he said, "let me get into character" and he removed his hat. I was so happy.  
I then met him at DragonCon in Atlanta. Sigh... :-)



Blair Brown/Nina Sharp- Fresh off the high of meeting Michael Cerveris, I spoke with Blair and she too was one of the friendliest people ever! Got a signature and picture too.



Jasika Nicole/Astrid- I met her at DragonCon along with Michael Cerveris and Seth Gable. I sat in on the Fringe panel that they had and then went to get pictures and signatures. So cool to meet her.



Seth Gable/Lincoln- He too was cool. He is so down to earth and wise. 



John Noble/Walter- I met him at another off-Broadway play(The Substance of Fire). I was really nervous to meet him so I literally asked him to autograph something and take a picture with me. I WAS SO AWKWARD!!! He was really nice.



Josh Jackson/Peter - I met him at another off-Broadway play (Smart People). There was a line of people and he took his time with each one and was really  friendly.



Georgina Haig/Etta- I met her on the set of Once Upon A Time. I had the "Resist" poster with me from September's Notebook and I got her to autograph it and take a picture with me. She was so kind as well.  

Just need to meet Anna Torv/Olivia and Lance Reddick/Broyles and I am set!


10. Thank you for taking the time to be apart of our #FringeFanFriday, Is there anything you would like to add about your overall Fringe experience? 

It is so awesome to be part of a fandom as awesome as we are! I really appreciate those who keep Fringe alive!

Please be respectful of @hazeleyes5390's  personal photo.

Please be respectful of @hazeleyes5390's  personal photo.

Please be respectful of @hazeleyes5390's  personal photo.


Please be respectful of @hazeleyes5390's  personal photo.

Please be respectful of @hazeleyes5390's  personal photo.








Thank you so much, Hazeleyes5390! You can follow her on Twitter: @hazeleyes5390


This will be our last #FringeFanFriday post until October. We want to thank all of the amazing Fringe fans that have participated this far....and we look forward to featuring more Fringies in the Fall!

Have a wonderful weekend and keep looking up.

OTFA Team Member,
-GG  




No comments:

Post a Comment